Wednesday, June 3, 2009

life & music.

should i keep playing? i'm thinking the writing can never stop, but i'm wondering what message i will be able to send musically. will i touch ANYONE, or am i destined to be party/club/empty-room background music. do i want to live as an artist in that space? we'll see how the next year or so goes, but i'd like to try with one more band to start this revolution.

i'm in a unique position in the advertising world to touch lives. i can change brand perceptions and influence purchasers... but my real talent lies in connecting someone with that magical feeling of comfort. i remember the first time i saw a jordan brand commercial. it was about the work that went into the development of michael's career. since that day, i have gravitated towards the jordan brand... because it represents the character, performance standards, and class of the man portrayed in that spot.

check it out:



advertising has evolved. like music, there are new rules, new opportunities, etc. my former band, the project, was able to touch many lives all around the world with our music. we developed contacts we could have never dreamed and got positive feedback about our message from all sorts of different kinds of people. technology is making it so that every brand has the opportunity to open up lines of dialogue with their peers, friends, and general consumers. hopefully, my new gig at digitas will open doors and allow me to be involved in such amazing conversation. i want to take advantage of these new lines of dialogue and start a revolution.

changing things for the better... ridding the world of annoying ads, and providing a fresh change of pace.

this is my manifesto. this is my charge:

to change the world through music, advertising, & revolution.

----------------------------

in the headphones:
love & music - the project

for now, i leave you all with a song from what is probably my band's final ep. it's about my two favorite things... its about a moment when the blood rushes to your heart, you forget about the world, and you're stoned on a few things that are bigger than yourself. i think my new job, my new life, and my new goals all fall into this "bigger than" category. however, that's alright... as long as my goals are revolution, change, and impact.

wish me luck.

No comments: